Monday, June 25, 2012

Fighting The Good Fight



Heya Fam Ban!
      Well I’m feeling better after five days of the African flu (just what I call it cause I don’t know what I had).  Man, it was five days of pretty much being confined to my bed.  After I emailed you last week I started feeling way worse, so Sister Von Stetten told me to go to the hospital.  That was an experience!  Let’s just say, I’m thankful for the modern medicine we have at home.  It wasn't bad,  but it sure was different.  I’m not too sure if I actually should have gone to the hospital.  An Urgent Care facility would have been better, but we couldn’t find any.  So, we went to the hospital.  The nurse wasn’t too happy I was there.  I don’t think she believed that I was sick enough to be there, but I felt pretty sick.  She gave us a lot of fire for going to the hospital.  It was kinda funny.  So, they gave me a shot.  I’m not sure what it was but they did say it was vultramin and some antibiotics.   Somehow we walked out of there without paying a dime.  Not sure how that happened either, but the main thing is that I’m all better now :)

      We had a massive storm hit QWA QWA last week.  It brought massive rains and cold with it and snow all over the mountains.  It’s really cold.  Let me say it again, it’s REALLY cold.  :p  But I think about what the Sons of Mosiah and Alma and Amulek (characters from the Book of Mormon) endured and we got nothing on them.  So we can’t complain.

      The work is moving at a snail's pace, but moving.  My companion reminded me that our mission is different.  We are not merely trying to build up the church, but build the foundation of it.  We need to be finding those who can strengthen the church in Africa (namely families and priesthood holders).  We figure there are many who would otherwise accept our message, but the Lord wants us to find Him a solid foundation.  So, that is where our focus is.

      I’m faring very well family.  I can humbly say, “I am growing tremendously.” To learn the ways of the spirit has been humbling, wonderful, helpful and so on.

      I love you guys!  Keep walking (on that straight and narrow path)! :P

Remember always that I love you.

Your African Son,
Elder Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment