Monday, June 4, 2012

Fasting - Strength in Humility




Dumelang Mme, Ntate and Abuti,

      I got my new companion last week.  Elder Dutson is from Lindal, Utah.  A big change up from Elder Ncube for sure.  He is cool and pretty obedient, so that’s good.
 
      Man, I’ve been working very hard and facing much disappointment.  We have four people that were supposed to be baptized this next Sunday but they aren’t going to make it.  They already missed their previous date as well.  But, we’re just keeping the faith, and keeping our efforts strong for them.
 
      I’m also becoming well acquainted with fasting.  All these years I had no idea what I was missing out on by not properly fasting.  Man, the spiritual strength received from such is amazing.  I also read something that said when we fast we are showing God that what we are fasting for is really important to us.

      I’ve adapted to the cold well, I must say.  It doesn’t bother me much anymore. OH, also this week our water heater broke.  So, we heated water on the stove in the morning, then we lost water, then we ran out of electricity.  :)  It was a funny experience for sure.

      Dad, I’ve been getting up every morning, and for about 20 minutes I've been skipping a rope and doing body exercises.  It’s been good, however my new companion is not one for exercising.  So, enjoy your freedom to move Dad!  I’ll get mine back in less than two years. :p



      For the next two weeks our church will be meeting in a small classroom at another school because the students in the school we have been meeting in are having tests.  It’s TINY, but oh so cool.  Very run down with old school desks.  Everything is torn up yet our members don’t even give a fuss.  On Sunday I watched them and joy filled my whole body as they sang ‘Come, Come ye Saints’ with much vigor and happiness.  Africa . . . it seems has become my home.  I love it here, and I love the Sotho people so much.  Dad, you said Grandpa loved the Zulus, but I’ll bet he never met Basotho (plural).

      Well, I can’t think of much else that has really changed.  I get to see President Von Stetten this Thursday, so he will bring mail.  Probably have things from you guys, :) so I’ll say thank you now, and next week as well.  :)

I love you guys, so, so SO HaHolo much!!!

Stay well Mi Casa

Your Elder In Africa,
Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment