Monday, June 11, 2012

The Big Freeze Hit




Momma, Bro and Dadio,

      Your emails really just lifted my spirits.  My spirits were a little down today. The atmosphere in the missionary boarding is different.  It’s not very fun anymore since we got the two new Elders.  It’s just how it is.  A little conflict this morning kinda threw me a bit, but reading both mom's and dad's email just smothered all feelings of turmoil.  Mom, I do know how you feel about the time that has past.  I also feel the same, that I will walk back into our home and it will be as if no time was lost.  I know it is the blessings of the Lord, with His tender mercies.

      Man, you guys are very funny with your walking!  You guys really do impress me.  I have no idea how much I walk.  You’ve got me wondering though, just how much I do walk in the course of a day.  I really would like to know.  I’m going to stick my iPod in my pocket this week (it has a pedometer mode) so I’ll be able to see and tell you the results next week.

      Sooooo, the big freeze hit!!  We got snow all in the mountains and a cold awakening these last few days.  It was awesome!!  I was so flippin’ cold it was unreal, but keeping a smile on really warmed me up. :p  Still working however, and through it all I am developing harder working skills.  I really can’t express how much I want, or should I say, NEED to give EVERYTHING to this service.  If I don’t I’ll feel like I’m shafting the Lord, which would not good.

      I used my debit card to buy a heater for 530 rand last week.  The mission reimbursed me however, so I’ll use that money to buy a warm coat.

      I’m swell!  Give Bug Man a huge hug for me.  Bug, I love you.  Don’t slide around these years.  They are just too vital for you to slide.  Also Bro, I want you to surf on my Bru, someone has too :)

      I know I’m running out of time here, but I have found sooo much comfort and solace in the Book of Mormon.  Dadio, those facts you shared with me in your letter about the Book of Mormon were really cool.  I have such a testimony of the truth it holds.  I’m excited for you to read the letter that I sent to you guys in the mail.

With Haholo love,
Elder Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment