Monday, January 13, 2014

Fresh Start of the Last Leg


Hi family!
      I initially had a lot to say to you today, but my mind just blanked.  Hopefully I can get it back as I write.  Let me get the temporal out of the way.  This has been kind of a funny week.  On Friday my companion and I got food poisoning from some half cooked chicken (courtesy of me).  This weekend we have been confined to our quarters competing to see who can act more miserable.  Sunday we were feeling good enough to go to church and to go see a few members
(since Elder Stengile is leaving today).
      My companion is going down to Amanzimtoti, the closest area to Margate.  I’m getting Elder Kinyaka from Kenya as a final companion.  Strange thing is I won’t even be with him for a whole transfer.  It’s a short five-week transfer and I’ll probably go down to Durban a few days early just to go to Margate for my last Sunday.  But I’m looking forward to the fresh start of the last leg.  I can definitely feel things are coming to a close.  It’s very mixed, but I’m focusing on the work. The M------ family is outstanding.  I’m very much excited for their baptism, and so are they.  The father is still not coming around, but seems to be improving in his family relationships, which is probably the foundational step.  I don’t know if I mentioned, but he isn’t Christian.  He is a traditionalist, but he occasionally prays with his family, which he didn’t before.
      We are going to go to a multi-national soccer match this afternoon with the whole zone.  Ghana vs. Congo.  Looking forward to that.
Anyways, I love you as always.
Elder Gold



No comments:

Post a Comment