Monday, September 9, 2013

"Come What May, and Love It!"



Hi Family,

      So, good news!  For the last two weeks we were not sending our emails from the chapel, so I had a half-hour longer for my correspondence.  That’s why I was able to write you long letters.  Bad news, I’m back in the chapel.  Oh well, "Come what may, and love it" -Joseph B. Wirthlin.

      So, this week has been just as amazing as the last. We have begun teaching some very fantastic people.  On Wednesday night we met 2 retired Afrikaans families who are living together.  We had seen the spirit work through us as their hearts went from firm to mushy.  The best part was at the end when we asked the father to kneel and pray, and through emotional words he sincerely asked Heavenly Father to reveal the truth of the Restoration and Book of Mormon.  I really can’t describe how the spirit rested upon us, but it rested mightily.  I think the Spirit comes exponentially to us, that as we let the spirit enter our lives, if we push just a little more forward, a little more faithful, a little more obedient, the spirit come in greater and greater abundance.

      We are preparing for a baptism this next Sunday.  It is for a young man by the name of lwandile.  I don’t know if I mentioned him before this, but we are very excited.  We are reaping the fruits of the labors of five sets of missionaries, but it really puts into understanding that we are all playing for the same team, and success comes to the team, or church as a whole.  I think you guys can recognize that by looking at the baptisms in our ward back home, or even the investigators, and how much time and how many people and missionaries went into helping them.

      I can’t believe I’ve got only five months left here.  Where does the time go?

I love you guys.


Love you,
Elder Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment