Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Photo is Worth a Thousand Words



Hello Family,
      We had a busy P-day  (Preparation Day) this week.  I’m sending a lot of photos this time because; ‘a photo is worth a thousand words.’  Just to let you know what we did: myself, Elder Komakech, Elder Roberts and Elder Francom went to uShaka (that’s the correct capitalization) Marine World in Durban. It was lekker! UShaka is a mini Sea World with a large aquarium and other attractions.  It’s right on the beach, so when we got there I stopped breathing for a minute.  It had been almost 1 year since I had seen the ocean.  The smells, the sight, and the feel were amazing.  I ran straight to the sand and stayed there for a bit.  You’ll see in the photos that we had a little fun.  I had to touch the Indian Ocean.   



     

 The aquarium was really great to see.  A lot of what I know about marine life was just flowing back to my mind.  Seeing all the life and remembering all the times I had encountered these things face to face off our beaches back home (not behind glass) brought me a lot of joy.  I was reminded why I want to study marine biology and conservation.

      We also went to a dolphin show, and I’d have to say, “I wasn’t impressed.”  I just didn’t have a good feeling about the trainers and the dolphins.  I don’t know how to describe it, but it was strange.  I believe that having dived so much around dolphins, and seeing them in their natural, wild habitat was why I didn’t like seeing them in a pool.

      Overall, it was really a great day.  But now we are back to the real thing; missionary work.  I love it so much.

I love you guys,
            Elder Gold


No comments:

Post a Comment