Monday, January 14, 2013

The Valley of a Thousand Hills



Hi My Dear Momma!

      I just read your letter about the inspiration you feel when posting the blog.  It is nice to hear of the process you go through.  Thank you for being in tune with the spirit.  That is what I’m working heavily on right now.  I sought some personal inspiration for myself in this new area I am in.  Without sharing too much, I have a vision in part of what I can, and need to do, to improve Pinetown while I’m here. 

      The temple is at hand.  I can feel it.  My thoughts have been on it for sometime.  The president's assistants are not telling me where the land is, but I have a feeling that it is going to be built close to my current area.  I also feel that in the next few months the exact location will be announced.  I still hold firm that part of me being here is to prepare certain people for the temple.  Possibly that is why I was in the Free State for so long, only to come to Durban as the time gets closer.  Mariah emailed me today and was talking all about her experiences with the temple.  It got me thinking again about how much I love the temple. 

      Just to let you know what the weather is like right now, I’ll start by saying that it’s about 90 degrees outside (if not more), and with super high humidity.  I am currently in a place just off from an alley with a roof and about 10 computers tightly crammed in. Outside is a street market with people selling all sorts of fruits and veggies and other trinkets, many which are Chinese made.  It’s crowded!  There is a Muslim Mosque just across the street and a handful of Muslims around here.  There are Africans from everywhere who have come to Durban; like from almost all southern and eastern African countries.  The landscape is jungle vegetation everywhere with huge trees, vines, grasses, and bushes… all super lush.  There are a lot of monkeys as well.  I’m in an area, or region, called "The Valley of a Thousand Hills.”  It’s just steep big rolling hills everywhere.  Today we will be going to a place called Chatsworth, an all-Indian community, to play soccer with the local Indian boys.  It should be fun. 

      I pray all is well on that side.  All is well (with an eternal perspective) on this side.

I love you,  

Elder Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment