Monday, December 3, 2012

Dusty Shoes in Africa



Hi Momma & Dad!!

      It’s great to hear from you.  The pictures were awesome by the way.  I love seeing how everyone is.  It really is crazy to think the time has flown!  I've been gone for almost 10 months!  It seems like a few weeks.  Christmas is so very close too, isn’t it?  Well, the sad thing here is that there is not much of Christmas festivity or feeling.  A few stores have some decorations but that’s it.  Everyone is really focused on buying and spending and partying these holidays.  Where is the true spirit?!  Well, it’s up to us to bring it.

      So, good news!  Your packages made it, but I haven’t gotten them.  As of last Thursday there were two in the office, so as of today, I know not but, president will be playing Santa and bringing them here on Wednesday when he conducts interviews.

      It rained insanely the last 3 days, non-stop.  It also got cold, which really reminded me of December at home.  It’s not the same here, but it’s where I ought to be, and I’m very happy to be as such.  Well, I will make a list of things to talk about when you call Christmas day.  I’m sure I’ll have a lot to say.

      Your right about my journal entries, they are full.  I finished one journal weeks ago and am eating the other one up quickly.   
 
      I am still thriving.  Thank you for your prayers, they do help.  I continue to stand in need of those prayers, so thank you mom.

Your Son,
Elder Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment