Monday, November 26, 2012

The Plan of Salvation Became Very Real To Me



Hey Family!

      I read all your mail today, and I was all smiles.  I was actually laughing at a few of the stories and drawing some attention to myself... Oh well!   :p

Well let me be straight this week and tell you about what happened:

      On Monday a younger single sister from our branch passed away after battling health for a few months.  It was a personal blow to me because of our friendship and her sudden departure.  Now, the following days were beyond imaginable; let me explain.

      From Tuesday till Thursday there were evening prayer sessions held at the family’s home.  The gal and her mother are the only church members in this very large, politically connected, AND well known family.  The prayer sessions were conducted by the Branch Presidency and offered an opportunity for many not of our faith (family, friends and neighbors) to come and learn about the gospel.  Each evening the spirit was strong as more and more people attended.  I had the opportunity to speak on Thursday night and exhorted all individuals to learn of the truths they had been taught the past few days.  Through those days my testimony swelled.

      Friday was the day of the service.  Well, over 250 or 300 people were in attendance and the chapel could not bear the crowd.  By the way, that is a huge number for a funeral on a Friday morning.  The speakers were OUTSTANDING, as the spirit FLOODED the building.  Everything was up to church standards and had a huge impact on all who attended.

      On a personal note:  I had some of the most spiritual experiences this week regarding the event, especially during the viewing.  The Plan of Salvation became very real to me and it did as well for this community.  Many people were extremely touched by the spirit that resided there.  It was the most spiritual and amazing funeral I have ever attended.  The Plan of Salvation is true, the post mortal spirit world is real, and there is a work going on there as we live our lives here.  I know this with a sure certainty.

      I’ve not a lot of time to share many details, but that is the gist of it.
Still thrusting in my sickle with my might.  The time is flying :(

I love you my dear family :)

Always,
Elder Gold

 

Editor’s Note:
      Landon makes mention several times in his letter about a Plan of Salvation, also known as God's Plan of Happiness.  If I were to try to explain just what this beautiful plan is in a few brief moments I could no way do it justice.  However, the video presents the basic concept using a beautifully creative art form.  I hope you enjoy it and the message it unveils of the mysteries of Heaven, which through this loving plan no more are mysteries to me. If you are unable to click the link below it can be found at https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/media-library/video/missionary/our-heavenly-fathers-plan?lang=eng


No comments:

Post a Comment