Monday, December 23, 2013

Transperancy of the Hands of a Missionary - 'A Day in the Life'


Hi Everyone,

      Yep, so I’m back into the running groove.  We are lucky to have elders from Kiberly stay with us every week so I get to run with one Elder Johnson when they are here.  On Christmas morning we are planning to run approximately 7 miles from our place to the Carlile’s so Elder Johnson can Skype his family.  Speaking of which, I have decided to call you guys after Christmas due to all the elders who need to be calling.  I'll probably Skype around 6:00 pm on Thursday night.  It should be Thursday morning for you guys.  I plan to call you guys Christmas morning at 7 or 8 our time to be able to get details about Skype.  That works?

      SO, let me tell you about a blessing from Heavenly Father.  We have been struggling with finding in our area, until this week.  Heavenly father has really led us to a lot of people who are listening to our message.  We have been teaching a mama and her sons the past few weeks.  Her name is 'Mama M'.  About two weeks ago we met her daughter who is visiting from Mpumalanga Province.  She is 25 years old, and I learned a good lesson from her.  Two weeks ago we gave her a Book of Mormon after introducing it to her.  We explained it briefly.  She, like her mom, is very bright and smart.  She has a great desire to learn the truth. We left her to start reading from the beginning.  This last week we came over again for our lesson and she was there.  We asked her how her reading went, and this is what she said:

"I was really excited to read this book and get to know it.  When you guys gave it to me I felt drawn to know what was inside.  I believed you when you said it would help me know Christ better.  I sat down one night and started to read, but nothing was making sense to me.  I normally comprehend very well, so this was unusual.  I prayed and asked God to help me, but nothing.  So I decided I was going to fast the next day.  I fasted the whole day and that night.  I knelt down in prayer and asked God again to help me, to show me the truth of this book and to help me understand.  I felt Light come to me as I started to read.  Everything was coming to me and I understood perfectly.  I know this book is from God, and so are you two.  I know that whatever else you are going to teach my family is true, and I will follow."

      With our jaws on the floor you can only imagine what we were thinking and feeling.  Also, imagine the spirit that permeated and swelled the room.  We are going to find the church for her where she is staying.  They came to church and watched the Christmas devotional and were just filled with light.  It was amazing!  So, that was just one of many other experiences we have had this week. Things are coming up.

      Mom, I did get all the packages (for my birthday and Christmas). :) I opened them last night with my companion because we will be having more missionaries staying with us this week.  I love the chocolate!  Lucky, lucky for me!  Elder Stengile is lactose intolerant so, by default, I get to eat it all.  The pens are very cool too (editors comment: They each got a set of German fine tipped art pens from Santa).  I have actually seen them here in this country but didn’t know they were nice.  Thank you for your thoughtfulness.

      Also, here is an update on my hand.  Went to the doc on Tuesday, he took another x-ray (which I will show you a picture of).  He said it is 100%.  Doesn’t feel so, but I’ll take his word.  However, I’m doing pretty well with it.  I’m able to move all my fingers now.  My thumb and fore finger move about 50 percent for now, but I think it will continue to improve.  No apathy for me.

I’m looking forward to seeing you on Thursday.
Love you,

Elder Gold


No comments:

Post a Comment