Monday, December 16, 2013

A Sneak in the Grass



Hi Mom, Dad and Bug,

      OK, this rhino came very close (or I to it) while another Elder was taking a video.  The rhino got mad and challenged me as he gruffed, and stomped, and got into charge position.  Needless to, I ran!

      So, the hand is a booger, to be honest.  I have some nerve damage on top of my hand causing my middle and pointer knuckle to be numb.  That might prove helpful in case I ever get in a tussle.  The one wire closest to my wrist did a 180-degree twist over the past few days.  They said its normal.  I go in for assessment tomorrow morning.

      Mom, the nativity that I got is cool, but I don’t know if it is the one you want. Its not painted, and there are no shepherd because the guy who painted it read out of Mathew and not Luke.  It’s made out of a nice hard wood.  Is that the one? If not, there is another very beautiful one, which is painted and very brilliant, and I could ask the Swazi Zone leaders to get it.  Let me know.  I should have taken photo but forgot.
      Editor's Insert: Sister Carlile made a birthday cake for Landon (he turned 21 on Saturday).  It is so nice to have a senior couple in Landon's area.  They have been a huge blessing with all the help they've given during his recovery from the surgery.  Landon also had the wonderful privileged of seeing his MTC Mission President and his wife this week, President and Sister Reber.  They were visiting from Johannesburg for a Christmas Conference.  I really feel that my son is surrounded by Angels who have been very instrumental in keeping him in heaven's embrace on this journey.

Now back to Landon's Letter:
      Well, on a spiritual note, Bloemfontein is tough.  It is being a tough area and I have been
thinking a lot about why things are not going the way we want.  Why people drop us, and don’t come to church, and why we can’t find any less actives via the ward, and blah, blah, blah.  I was very frustrated yesterday, and this morning I was studying with my concerns in mind.  WHY am I here in this area?  I read Elder Dube's conference address, and then was rerouted to the scripture found in D&C 58:1-7.  Where I found the answer the Lord had for me.  I am to be obedient and endure, continuing to declare testimony.  I actually misread the last line of verse 6 and thought it read, "that your testimony might be prepared for the things to come.”  I think I misread it for a purpose.  I will keep pushing.

I love you.  I will talk to you next week.

Elder Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment