Monday, August 27, 2012

My Favorite Possessions . . . Are Books!


Hey MOM and DAD!!!

      Well, WOW.  I’m pretty amazed at this Book of Mormon Project. . .(refer to editor's note from the July 16th post to understand more.  This project is now underway.)  I think it is the Bee's Knees!  As often as I write in my journal, I think about how amazing books are.  My favorite possessions on mission are my books.  A thought I had was how cool would it be to put all General Conference addresses in bound book form?  I think it would be very sweet.  I have collected about 5 or 6 General Conference magazines but they fall apart easy.
     
       So, as far as the work: 

We have 3 investigators planning to be baptized on the 16th of September.  They are:  One woman who is about 30-years-old and whose husband has been a member for 11 years, another little girl who is 9 whose family are all members (mom and brother active), and a kid named Kutloano.  I am equally excited for all of them, but Kutloano has a special place in my heart.  He is 16 years old and lives with his grandma who is not a member but loves the missionaries.  He has an uncle who is a member and served in Ghana some years back.  His parents are late (I believe by this Landon means that they have passed on).  His uncle lives in Pretoria but has had a huge influence on him. What I can say in that he is truly converted.  He keeps all commitments we give him, understands perfectly what he is taught, attends seminary, mutual, and church every Sunday, and HUNGERS for more truth.  He has determined to serve a mission, which is just the icing on the cake.  My joy hasn’t been greater on this mission than it has been with and for this kid.  Just thought I would let you know :)

Also, we have been working with many less actives.   Over the past month we have found 24 individuals and 15 have begun coming back to church :) The work is sweet and so is the joy. 

Thus far my mission has been very refining.  I feel I have grown in some degree.  I’m sure you have heard a little about some of my struggles as I share them.  They have helped me greatly. 



      The gospel is true and the church is true and there is nothing greater in this world or in the heavens.  My testimony is simple.  The details are extensive.  Heavenly Father lives, and Christ lives. This is His gospel, and His Church.  They both act to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.  We are apart of His Church, His Gospel, and His glory. 

There is so much more I could share with you, but I think this sufficeth for now.  In my journal I log a lot of events that happen, and soon you will be able to read about my mission.  Do you keep a journal?  The most important things we should write down are the revelations and spiritual things, and shouldn't our lives be consecrated to the spiritual?  Dad, can I ask you to keep a journal? I think it will be very important in the future. 



I love you all! 
Your African Hooligan, 


Elder Gold



1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your blogs. I wanted to tell you that I have a grandson who just entered the MTC. He is going to Denver South-not as difficult as your mission. but people are waiting there too to hear the Gospel.Good luck on your work. Love from Gerry Hanni

    ReplyDelete