Monday, July 30, 2012

"In the End it is All Good!"



 Hey All,

      Man, how I miss the temple.  I’m just so glad our family has been able to receive the blessings it offers.  Obviously, the blessing to attend the temple is not as widely available here as it is to you guys there.  I know you cherish it.   :)   I do to.

      Well, we just got back from a Zone Conference (Where all the missionaries from a certain area come together and get instruction from the mission president, the assistants, others, and the spirit).  It was so uplifting.  I'll be applying many of the principles doctrines and applications into my everyday life.

      We are seeing much success in this area. We have a few very promising people on date for baptism.  There is a 16-year-old boy investigating the church right now whose uncle has served a mission, and through his example and the lessons he is being taught he has become so excited about the gospel. So much that he actually has a desire to serve a mission someday as well.  Not much more you could want than for an investigator to serve a mission later on :)

      Also, there are 3 people from my last area (soon to be 4) who have accepted the invitation to be baptized!! :)  Man my joy was full hearing that news :)  I’m so happy for them.  Two of them I know will be POWERFUL members and holders on the priesthood.  They all will benefit greatly (more than they could ever imagine) from this gospel, even the gospel of Jesus Christ.

      I can say my testimony of Christ has been enlarging lately from my studies of the Book of Mormon and Bible. There is a lot going on in my life, some good and some bad, but in the end it is all good because of what I’m taking from these experiences.

      Well, I can feel winter ending and summer coming.  The time is flying by.  I’ve been gone 5 1/2 months and it feels like nothing.  Each week comes and goes like a vortex.  It’s cool and sad. I can tell you this time is too short, but my two years of missionary service is just training for a missionary life when I return.  

I love you All.

Keep being my biggest example.  



Elder Gold



P.s.      Mom, I was quite intrigued and still am about that spinal research you mentioned some weeks back.  Do you know much about when it will be available and such? 

Just a Note From Mom:
 
      In Landon’s letter he mentions that, “There is a lot going on in my life, some good and some bad, but in the end it is all good because of what I’m taking from these experiences.”  In his typical style of not wanting to focus on the ‘Not so pleasant’ challenges of life he doesn’t go into details of what he refers to as the  ‘Bad.’  However, at the end of his correspondence he also makes reference to spinal research test studies taking place in Texas that will change the future of how back injuries are treated.  This new research utilizes stem cells to regenerate damaged discs, re-growing the missing cushions through an innovated process that is injected directly to the damaged or missing area.  Landon has had years of refinement as he has been forged on the hot coals of physical pain.  Through this challenge brought on by degenerated discs he has learned to gain strength from weakness making his spirit strong.  I know this refining fire has helped him to appreciate more dearly things of the spirit as he draws on the powers of Heaven to deal with a not so perfect mortal body.  His love for the temple is a reflection of where his sights are set and has been his strength as he walked on Holy Ground, working selflessly for others.  As his mother I find hope in a treatment that may heal his physical body, and what joy that is!  But, Oh how much greater is my joy in knowing this same son is well...very well as he understands more deeply those things of eternity, drawing closer to Heaven through gifts of this earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment