Monday, July 9, 2012

The Transfer



OK OK OK,

Famila from mi Kosi,

      This week was powerful!  Elder Dutson and I are really working well together now.  We are doing really good and understanding one another and getting along swell.  We are really teaching by the spirit.  We had some powerful lessons this week, and I have much hope for our investigators.  Some are progressing rapidly and grasping the gospel tight (finally)!  We have a guy on date to be baptized in a few weeks, so I’m very excited for that.  This week I really got a glimpse that my efforts are not in vane.  So, I can say it was a most excellent week.

      Then came the bad news...

      I'M LEAVING PHUTHADITJABA!!!!!

      I had absolutely no indication whatsoever, so I haven’t taken the time to say goodbye to ANYONE!  Last night I got the call and it completely finished me... I’m so sad, I haven’t been sadder on the mission, because I LOVE THESE PEOPLE!!!! I cannot express it.  It is too deep to express.  I have labored and worked and fasted and prayed and studied and listened and listened and listened and taught these people, and I feel I have become one of them.  Like I’m family to every person we talk to and associate with.  They have taken us in as their own it feels like.  Humbly I want to say that they have expressed their love and care and appreciation for me.  On several occasions after a lesson one will express their love for me and other things.  They are MY people!  And now I have to leave them... Mom, I don’t know if this is accurate, but compare the feelings of me leaving you.  Maybe they are one in the same.


      So, I will be moving even farther away from the roaring waves of the Durban coast (probably inspiration) to Bloemfontein.  Specifically, I will be serving in Thaba Nchu. I don’t know where it is or who I will be with, but I have been to their boarding several times when we would have conferences.  It’s about 3 hours away from where I am now.  On the bright side; I know one of the Elders there. Elder Rotich.  He is from Kenya and from one of the running tribes.  So, I hope I will start running again.

      I couldn’t sleep last night and neither could Elder Long (he is getting transferred to the coast) so we stayed up and prepared for our transfers.
      Anyways, I just have a comforting feeling that this is the Lord’s will, and that’s all I need.  Even though it’s not pleasant, I know and trust in what the Lord has planned.  I just refer to the line "Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven." Though not as much a sacrifice as others have to make, it still will be a sacrifice.  I don’t want to leave, but I want to because it’s not my will.  Or rather it is my will to leave because it is my Father’s will.  Phuthaditjhaba (which means "United Nation") will forever be etched into my heart with its people.  I love this work and am excited to continue it amongst them in Thaba Nchu. I will go where thou wants me to go.

      So Mom, I forgot to say that I have received the SD cards and your letters.  I appreciate it tremendously, so thank you.  :)

I love you more than CAKE!
Always, your Son and Elder,
Elder Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment