Monday, April 23, 2012

The Cold is Rollin' In



Hey Family,

        The cold is rollin' in.  Pretty exciting!  We are having success and defeat in the area.  The work is hard but gratifying.  The people have many challenges.  Even though it is difficult at times, I wouldn’t want to be anywhere but here.

        I read Joel’s email (his friend serving a mission in Ireland) and it sounds pretty similar to many of the people here...so many are drunk, plastered, finished, wasted.  They are pretty friendly to the Elders for the most part, so that is a blessing :)

        We had some massive power-outs this week, and the water turned off for a day!  Super funny to see how my companion and the other guys act like it's the end of the world when they can’t bathe or cook.  I was well prepared from my youth for such things :p

        Well, I got a load of letters from the Priest Quorum, from Sister Bennett, Mariah and Brother Matt Smith.  They were sooo nice to read from :)  I’ll try to find time to send them some letters but till then pass my regards.

        Gotta say, I’m burning through my shoes here :)  I walk all day, for who knows how long in distances.

        I don’t really have stories this week, but I bet I’ll have good ones next week.

        Bugman (aka Jordan), it’s hard out here, but it’s enjoyable.  I’m really being challenged, but regardless of it all, one thing still stands and that is that the church is true.

        Dad, your awesome, I’m proud of you for being my dad and being a great example to me. I will continue to be safe, and you better too :)

        MOM, ahh I miss you heaps!  I appreciate every little bit of communication I have with you, and everything you do for me, mainly your prayers.  I use you a lot as an example, or to tell a story when we teach.  Would have you know.

        Stay strong my family.  I love you more than you know!!!!!

-Elder Gold

:) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment