Monday, April 16, 2012

Charge or Retreat / The Bittersweet Week



My Dearest Family,
 

        So, the mission is proving interesting.  I had quite a bittersweet week.  Start with the bitter: personal relationships can be challenging.  One member of the boarding house is really testing my patience.  A few times I have retaliated with words just as sharp as his and quickly learned that that will never work.  I’ve been contemplating how to manage these sorts of situations.  Turning to the scriptures proves to be most helpful.  I’ve realized that everything is within my control.  If things are bad between us, it’s because I let them.  I have come to understand that one has the most control of the situation around him when he has control of the situation within him.

        Ok, so on to the good.  The labor is showing forth fruits of success.  A few investigators are making tremendous progress.  The reality of their progress came to my knowledge this week and man!!  The joy I felt??  Indescribable!!  Truly one cannot have more joy than I do now, not even on the sweetest waves of the sea.
 

        We were blessed to be able to watch two sessions of General Conference on Sunday.   It seemed like a huge topic was the family.  It was such a spiritual boost to listen to these inspired words meant for OUR benefit and growth.  Truly sweet. Sweet, sweet, sweet!

        The time is honestly flying.  Every Monday I can’t believe another week has gone by.  I miss you guys.  Mom, I miss just goofing off with you, giving you massive hugs, laughing with you and going and doing and talking about spiritual things.  Dad, I kind of had a teary moment yesterday.  It swiftly came to my realization that you are my best friend.  I don’t have other friends that mean more to me than you do.  A word to you, “DON’T GET ELIMINATED”.  We still have a ton of things left unfinished :)  Jordan, man Bug I miss ya as much as the waves. I pray for you often, for your strength and welfare.  You guys will get to call me in a few weeks!!  I could call you but it costs sooooo much money from this side that missionaries generally have their family call them.  More info to come.

Obedience with exactness,

       Plus . . .  hard work

            Plus . . .  faith

                 Plus . . .  fun

                      Plus . . .  AMA KIP KIP

                           Plus . . .  worn out shoes

                                Plus . . .  4 man boarding

                                     Plus . . .  love

                                          Plus . . .  hundreds of mice

                                               Plus . . .  soccer

                                                    Plus . . .  too many more things

                                                            =    The Mission of a Life Time.


Stay well my family.   I pray for you always.

With a swelled heart of love,

 

Elder Gold

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment