Monday, June 3, 2013

Trying to Stay Focused and Work


Hey Familia,


  Thank you as well for your inspired letters.  Your letters have helped me a lot at times when I need it, and give me additional strength.  I do hear what other elders get from their parents; sometimes short, or bland, or full of information about the happenings of home that can sometimes distract.


      So the scriptures I wanted to get covered in animal skin have not yet come in. So I bought a little bit of leather today and when a pair of scriptures comes in I’m going to have the other elders bind it.  I thought about it and felt that the one pair should go to Jordan.  In fact that’s what I planned.  Hopefully he will appreciate them and gain a deeper love for the scriptures in the process.


      We went to this place called Victoria Street Market today as well, where they sell many souvenirs, traditional art work and such.  I don’t know when I’ll be back in Durban so I got some things that I’m going to send home.


      The week was a good week.  I’m trying to stay focused and work.  We had a lesson with a family that we hadn’t seen in a long while (a ma and her husband and young child).  Her questions revolved around infant baptism and why it is not needed.  Once again I saw the Book of Mormon shed clarity where there is confusion.  At the end of the lesson she said this:


      "I want to tell you guys something’s, and I hope it doesn’t freak you out; but I have to tell  you.  Every time you walk into my home, you bring a warmth and a light that I only feel when you are here.  I never feel it unless you're here.  There is a light around you, and I know that sounds weird, but I just need to tell you."


      I was very surprised at this, but we acted quick and told her what it was that she was feeling.


      We got this referral from the mission office for a man and his wife who stay in Westville.  We went to his home only to find out that he is a member (out of the church for 10 years).  He is still fairly young but married and has a child coming this or next week.  He has just had a change of heart after 10 years in the world. He just wants happiness.  We are teaching him like an investigator, and he is grabbing everything by the horns.  We have a lot in common (as far as roads walked), and relate really well to each other.


      Well, that’s my weekly report.  I’m currently reading the missionary chapters with Ammon and Aaron and those other fine missionaries.  So lifting.  I wish to be like them.


All my wishes and love,

God Speed.



Elder Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment