Monday, June 17, 2013

This Place is a Haven!



Hello Family,

       Well, still emailing at the chapel with restricted time but I can send photos now :)
       Okay, there is a lot to say. Let me try to say it all.
       We live in Uvongo, just four clicks from Margate.  I can’t believe president sent me here.  We are one and a half hours from the nearest elders, almost two hours from Durban.  ALL COASTAL!  We work the area between Port Shepstone and Port Edward.  It’s best comparison in all ways in Laguna Beach.  This place is a haven!  I see the ocean every day, sometimes just meters away.  I bite my tongue as I see empty clean waves overhead size.  But it is interestingly having a refreshing effect upon my spirit to be so close to the ocean again.  I just brim with joy despite all that lies ahead.
      So, Margate isn't going to be easy.  The branch has been here close to 55 years and has 74 members, only about 30 active.  It is a vacation and retirement community.  I had an interview with the mission president on Thursday and we spoke about the area and its challenges.  He confided a lot of trust in me, which gave me more confidence.  The Lord is expecting things from us.
      We live in a big house.  Three full bedrooms and a master, 2 bath (I have my own bathroom), large kitchen, 2 very large living rooms, car port, and extra outside rooms all on a piece of land about the size of half a football field... and its all ours... Oh, and we have a personal security guard who guards our property and us.
      My companion is Chathyoka from Malaui.  He is a very nice guy.
So my time is out.

Love you,
Elder Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment