Monday, April 8, 2013

"I Know What You Have is Good...I Can See it in Your Countenance."



Hey Ya Mom!

      Ok, so bad news/good news.  The missionaries here are now only allowed to be on the computers for 30 minutes each P-Day to email.  The good news is we email at the chapel now.  So, we saw none of General Conference this past weekend.  We will see it in two weeks.  My one request is that the minute the DVD's come out, could you send one small package with just the Conference DVDs?  That would be spectacular!

      Ok, so let me tell you of a miracle yesterday.  On Saturday we were driving through the new section of our area and I saw a street I had never seen before. We just drove past but I had the feeling to go there.  We had appointments to get to so there was not time.  Come Sunday we also had appointments stacked, but after church every one of them bunked us leaving us with a lot of time.  I try to think that if that happens, it means the Lord has somewhere for us to go.  So, after visiting some current investigators and recent converts, we found ourselves driving to the street.  It was around 5:00 pm when we got there.  Getting into the evening.  We prayed, and then went knocking.  Rejection... No one home....No one home... No one home... reject... No thanks... I don’t need your Christian religion.... So we were holding our heads up until we met a middle-aged man, white guy, who was interested in what "Latter-Day aints is.”(hmm, how funny did that sound?)  He invited us in and we sat on his porch.  He told us about that the root of all his troubles and sadness was a divorce 20-years-ago that shook his world.  We listened and prayed for the spirit to give us what to say to this man.  Well, the spirit did, and we taught, listened, talked, and he eventually heard out the restoration and accepted a Book of Mormon.  He invited us back, but before leaving he said these words: "I know what you have is good, I can see it in your eyes, I can see it in your countenance.  Thank you."  That was a humbling moment for me. I was over joyed to have found this man, that God led us to him.  I was also over joyed at his comment.  I have always heard people say that there is a light in the eyes of the Saints.  I have always looked for it.  But yesterday, someone saw it in me. Someone saw Christ in us. 

Cool Scriptural Referance:
                           And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, 
have ye spiritually been born of God?  Have ye received his image in your
 countenances?  Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?    Alma 5:14

I love this work. I love you mom.

Elder Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment