Monday, April 15, 2013

Hope the Lord Needs Me Here a Little Longer


Mom & Dad,

      Ayish, my camera is not here so I can’t send photos now, but I will next week…I pinky promise.  

      That is so flipping cool about Max, Zack and Graham getting their mission calls!!!  I wish I could see them.   
  
      I got your package a few hours back.  I haven’t opened it yet though.  I will when I get off the computer.  Thanks for sending it.  It really brings a bit of excitement and renewal to get something in the mail.

      So, about the man I wrote you of last week... We saw him again this week and he has been reading the Book of Mormon.  He had some questions, but they were easily resolved.  He says it just calls him, that there is a strong attraction to the book.  He came to church yesterday (which is a bit unusual to meet someone and the next Sunday they attend church).  He was so well received.  It was a great experience for him and he will be attending the conference next week.

      We were also blessed to receive an additional investigator who moved into our area from Chatsworth.  His name is Sphamandla and he will be baptized on the fifth of May with our other two investigators.  It was a disappointment for the Chatsworth members to see him move, but we all think there is a purpose to it.  He was well received by the ward yesterday and is feeling comfortable here. 

      Pinetown is so rich.  I love this area.  When I got here it was hard but I kept telling myself, "Missionaries make an area hard.”  I do not want to leave yet.  Transfers are in two weeks and I just hope the Lord needs me here a little longer.

I love you; tell Jordan I love him too.  Sorry I didn’t have time to write him.

Elder Gold


Editor's Note:
      
      Landon’s three friends from home each got their mission calls this week.  Two will be sent stateside (Idaho and Texas) and the third is going to the Philippines.  So exciting!  Also, Landon has been unable to send photos lately so, for now, this post will be without an image until one is sent or another comes to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment