Monday, March 26, 2012

The Blessing


Hi Everybody,

This week has been the BEST week of my mission yet!  It was also the hardest.  We are facing difficulties getting people to keep commitments; nevertheless, we are working hard.  We taught a total of 47 lessons this week . . . Yeah it was a lot!  But we had an amazing week as well because we are finding those people whom the Lord has prepared for us!  This week we found 5 new investigators who are ready to hear the gospel, and they know this is God’s Word because they have been waiting for it.

I really have a good companion.  Even in hard-faced situations he stands firm and is teaching me how to stand firm as well.  We are trying to be consistent in everything we do, which is a hard goal. I love the work. I LOVE IT!

I’m wondering to myself “Dad, why didn’t you tell me how amazing missionary work really is… how hard it is, and how much joy we receive from doing it?” But, I am so glad that you served a mission, because I know that you know exactly what I am talking about, and you can relate to everything I’m saying.

At church last Sunday the Branch President approached Elder Goodwin and I and asked us to give a blessing to a particular woman.  This dear sister said that she is preparing to go to the temple in two months and has been dealing with a very difficult obstacle for which she needed the comfort and strength given through a priesthood blessing to over come.  Without going into details,  because of the sacred nature of the experience, I can only say that the power of Heaven was with us as we administered to her.  That blessing was an immense testimony and faith builder of the power of the priesthood.

I know heavenly Father and Jesus Christ live.  I know the Holy Ghost lives as well. I KNOW that God has given man the priesthood authority and I am grateful to my very core to be worthy of that authority.

I love you, I love you, I love you all.

I miss you sooo much.  As the distance gets longer my heart grows fonder.  Continue the work on your side.  Help the missionaries.  Give them referrals (remember, dinner appointments are 1 hour long, then they leave to go back to work :)

With love,
        
      Elder Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment