Wednesday, February 12, 2014

. . . And So, 'It Is Time To Walk On'

The Final Editor's Note:

  Before leaving on his mission, Landon was asked to choose a scripture that would be placed on a plaque to be hung in our church building until his return home. Instead of a scripture he unconventionally chose a quote from President Spencer W. Kimball who happened to be the Prophet during the early years of my entrance into the gospel.  This quote reflects the heart of one who is passionate about his beliefs and willing to stand up for others in declaration of God's Glorious Plan...until his last breath.  I am in awe of those who sacrifice so much for the benefit of others, and I am deeply overjoyed to know that my son has chosen this way. 

 "I wish I had your bodies to do this work.  I would run from house to house
Telling everyone of the gospel, and after I lost strength to run I would begin
to walk, and after I collapsed from walking, I would begin to crawl, and after
my knees were so bloody that I could not use them I would use my arms to
drag myself, and once my muscle in my body was gone I would begin to yell.
Oh, If only you could see the vision I have."
- Spencer W. Kimball            
 
It is Time to Walk On
One Journey's end is another one beginning.
Though my shoes may be worn,
the path beneath has brought endless Joy
Through those it has eternally connected me to.
It is by those paths crossed that I have been shown a
New way to live.
. . . And so, 'It is time to walk on.'
A.E.Gold - Feb. 2014                                       
 


No comments:

Post a Comment